Saturday, May 20, 2006

Snoopy in Black and perhaps another thought or two

Doesn't this dadgum black dog (Isabel) remind you of Snoopy doing his little dance thingy?



The kids were in a tree, hanging a Sprite box (wassup with that?) down, and Isabel was determined that she should have the box. She eventually got it. The dog has so much energy that if I can figure out how to tap it, I think I could heat the house next winter with it. She more than makes up for the other two lumps of dogs. The other two dogs are long past caring what the kids do - they live to eat and poop.

A confusing moment the other day, for me, watching CNN. A lovely heartwarming story (which in itself is rare on CNN) about flying a young Afganistani boy to the US for surgery, cuz if he didn't have it he'd die. I fully expected the next story to be how many Afgans died in some kind of UN raid or something. While I think its wonderful to save this young lad's life, one has to wonder if his life is being saved just so he can go back home and be killed by ordinance from the same country that just shelled out megabucks for his surgery. It just seemed odd to me, that's all. I found it mildly ironic. Regardless, I hope the young lad does well. Who knows, maybe he'll grow up and become a huge influence in his country, and be instrumental in bringing peace to his people. It could happen I suppose.

Tomorrow, the high schoolers graduate at the school across the road. Apparently its quite the deal. Should be something for us old folks to sit in the swing in the front yard and watch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce Marks said...

lol...the pic does remind me of snoopy. If you can get her to do all the things that snoopy can do..well...there would be a dog for you!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home