Monday, November 07, 2005

NG

Read this in National Geographic the other day. A Jewish cantor named Joseph Portnoy wrote this to his wife during his service in WWII.

"Ask God to give you what you want. Help him to justify your wants by the way that you live, and then having given him your prayer, have the faith and courage to rely on his power to do the thing that is right in his eyes"

Very eloquent, and appeals to my logical mind. I think he has said in two sentences what a Baptist preacher could preach 3 hours on and still not make the point!!!

Ok maybe not 3 hours, but it would sure seem like it...... :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger gary j. introne said...

Hey! Nice post. Good concept, good message. Check out my spot when you get the time. http://garyjin.blogspot.com

I'd like to correspond. Drop me a note.

email njabate@aol.com

Thanks. Gary Introne

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home