Sunday, January 22, 2006

movies

Last evening we watched (or rather endured) the movie War of the Worlds. The new one, with Tom whatshisface in it, and that little girl, ummm, Dakota somethingorother.

What an absolutely lousy movie. I couldn't wait for it to end. It had no plot that I could discern, no moral message good or bad, no real decent action that didn't seem contrived. And the continuity team could have spent some more time, cuz some of us watching aren't as dumb as posts. (as an example, assuming Tom had the only working car, and was almost killed when it was stolen from him, then how did all those cars get parked so neatly on the ferry just up the road???)

I do believe I can say it was the worst movie I've seen in years, perhaps in my lifetime. Its only redeeming feature was Dakota, and even she did too much fake screaming.

So, check it out. I dare you. Watch it and tell me its worth the plastic in the the disc its burned on.

And tonight we are watching the Panthers get spanked by the Seahawks. Its been a bad weekend for television. (sigh)

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

i saw the movie.... the first part is much much better than the last 3/4 .... you're right.....

the blood vines/tentacles actually grossed me right out......

i particularly enjoyed the basement scene... where they hid under the stairs from those freakish characters that don't have heat sensing ability... and rely on the non peripheral vision ....

hmmm the more I talk about, the more I liked it... I think I'll go out and buy the stupid thing!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Jamie, don't listen to him. He also thought that Herbie, Fully Loaded (with the rakish Lindsay Lohan) was art.

Can't say as I've ever seen it, but you've given me enough reasons not to! Mind you, I'm sure I'd sleep right through it as I do most movies (althoug I stayed awake for Pride and Prejudice).

11:11 PM  
Blogger Melody Joy said...

Well, I guess I'm the only one that actually LOVED this movie, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! And the fact that Bobby lived at the end, priceless!
Just goes to show, different strokes for different folks.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Melody.. you have bolitas..... I really did like it, but was too chicken to say so... Jamie intimidates me!!!!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home