Wednesday, June 21, 2006

still vacationing




Vacation has been fun, so far. Kids have spent hours with friends, swimming, riding 4-wheelers, going to movies, playing at Nascar Speedpark, staying up late, etc etc.

Me I've been riding in the mountains on my motorbike. I've probably riden about 600 miles or so. Lake Lure, Asheville, Mt. Mitchell, and miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway in both NC and Virginia. Weather has been most excellent, if a bit hot and sunny.

Up on Mt. Mitchell on Monday it was around 55F, very foggy and extremely windy. I about froze. But back down the hill and it was HOT. Same deal yesterday - probably about 80F up in the mountains, and a scorching 95F down in the lowlands.

Today we are changing home base. Friends of ours have offered us the use of their 38' (yes that's thirty eight feet) long camper that's parked at High Rock Lake. Should be enjoyable, if not really camping.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have your parents here and I'm not letting them go.

Happy Holidays!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation!!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home