Friday, November 11, 2005

so.......what else?

So, I wonder what else will fail on my puter. First the hard drive was on its way out, now tonight the phone modem crapped out. Hmmm....

So now one of the laptops has to be the internet gateway, until I can find a new modem. Prolly have to drive 40 miles to get one, or order online. Gotta love country living. Mrs. G says we can drive to Burlington tomorrow to get one, cuz then she can go to the Hobby Lobby. Wooohoooo. Let's pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it!!!!

At lunch today I was listening to Midday Connection on the local Moody Bible Institute broadcast repeater. (its a woman's show, but whatever) Today they were talking about modest dress for young girls, and how to teach them to dress appropriately. It seems that to love God is to be a frump, based on what I was hearing. Why not go all the way and just require women to be completely covered, as they do in the Middle East?? I mean where do you draw the line? One woman was quite proud of the fact that she didn't look in a mirror for a whole week ('tis vanity, dontcha know). Gadzooks I am glad I don't live with her!!! Yuck, Phooey. I say 'Bring on the Mirrors' - they are wonderful inventions. Another woman said that God had spoken to her and she felt moved to wear only jeans and a t-shirt for a period of time. (what she meant was no 'dressing up all fancy like') No wonder Christianity can seem trivial and unappealing at times.....

At any rate, I don't believe that requiring or even suggesting a dress code is required. But of course, that's just my opinion. I reckon that if Eve wore fig leaves, then today's gals can pretty much get away with anything. :-) God created men and women, and although I might be wrong, I don't think Levi's and a Fruit of the Loom t-shirt came with the deal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Jamie! Just because you love God doesn't mean you can't have your own sense of style! ;)
P.S. Say Hi to Donna and the kids for me!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home