Thursday, December 01, 2005

Winter

Oooooh I don't like winter. 4 years in North Carolina has spoiled me. I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. Had to drive in snow. Saw a big old smashup on the lightly travelled southeastern Iowa freeway. Discovered my truck does have anti-lock brakes, and that they work. Remembered suddenly why I paid that extra cash for 4-wheel drive. And have already worn my winter coat more than I did during the 4 years I lived in NC. And I am going to have to find a snow scraper - haven't needed one in years. Its so cold that when I go outside, I realize that even us men have nipples.

The kids, on the other hand, think this is better than an automatic garage door opener. They've been outside for hours, at temperatures well below the post office.

So, I've decided that I shall enjoy winter vicariously through my children. They can go outside and have fun on my behalf, whilst I sit inside and sip hot coffee.

And I am now going to listen to Kenny Chesney's new tune 'Who You'd Be Today'

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
Wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
See your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughing in the rain
Still can't believe your gone

It ain't fair you died to young
Like a story that had just begun
But death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing, no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today

Would you see the world
Would you chase your dreams
Settle down with a family
I wonder what would you name your babies
Someday's the sky's so blue
I feel like I can talk to you
And I know it might sound crazy

Today
Today

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know, I'll see you again someday

Someday, someday

:-(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that's a beautiful song Jamie - I like the last three lines the best.

Someday indeed...

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home