Thursday, January 26, 2006

Seriousness

I tell you what. You start surfing blogs, and yer head will start to spin. Holy crap there are a lot of serious people out there. How on earth do they stand themselves?

All these serious topics (serious to them I guess) they are discussing, will they really matter 2000 years from now?? I doubt it. But gosh they work themselves into a frenzy over stuff.

Am I in a frenzy over these serious blogs? Hmmmm. I dunno. I do know that its incredibly entertaining to read some of the stuff in blogs, filtering it through the 'will it matter in 2000 years' filter.

Or, try reading blogs through the 'I expect I will not survive this day' filter, or the 'I will likely not wake up in the morning' filter.

Suddenly most stuff just doesn't matter anymore.

Odd how I get like this as February approaches.

And another question I've never had a good answer to. A lot of blogging is dedicated to 'emerging church' stuff and 'anti-emerging church' stuff, and 'It says so in Scripture' stuff, and 'God said it it must be true' stuff. BUT

WHO decided that the printed words that we today call the Bible, are the only words inspired by God?? Hmmm??? Do you suppose it was a good Baptist that decided that? Or maybe an emergent that was WAY ahead of his time? Or a group of guys in the old boy network that thought, 'By jove, that's it lads'.

I mean WHO.

Not only that, but I thought this picture I took today was interesting. A lot going on in it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melody Joy said...

I have no doubt that the bible is the only book inspired by God, no doubt at all.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Melody Joy said...

Jamie, as Febuary approaches just know I'm thinking about you and your family.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home