Sunday, December 04, 2005

Artwork Fun

I spent much time this weekend, updating album artwork in iTunes. Any idea how long it takes to find and add artwork to over 300 albums? A LONG TIME. Most of the artwork I found courtesy of Amazon.com, some I had to use Google Images, and others I had to resort to scanning the actual CD jackets.

Anyway, when I plugged the iPod in to update it with the artwork, I discovered it deletes and then replaces all the songs that had artwork added. So it had to delete and replace over 3600 songs, which takes, you guessed it, a long time. About 1.2 hours at USB2.0 transfer speeds.

And now my 30Gb iPod has only 3.31Gb of free space left!! Yikes!! But it has 5,475 songs, presented by 944 different artists, packaged in 531 different albums!! Kewl. If turned on and left playing, it would play for 15 days, 3 hours, 11 minutes, and 16 seconds before running out of tunes!

OK, well, what else is there to do on such a cold day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home