Saturday, December 03, 2005

PSP Magic

Bored last night, decided to play with my PSP. (playstation portable for you non-geeks) PSP's have 802.11 wireless built in, and are 'sposed to be able to connect to any open wireless network. My challenge was that I have a wireless network, but my internet connection is dialup and is shared using MS Internet Sharing on my desktop puter, rather than being shared by my wireless router, which is the normal method.

However, by manually setting the PSP to the following....

IP 192.168.0.10
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Router 192.168.0.1
Primary DNS 192.168.0.1

I was able to connect!! So my PSP wirelessly download the latest software update from Sony, and after installation I now have a full functioned web-browser.

So I can now play PSP games, and pause every so often to check email or browse the internet, should I wish to do so. Not sure why this is useful, but you gotta admit its cool.

Next I need to follow some instructions I found to have my desktop serve up iTunes to my PSP. Even more cool.....if it works. Then I think I need the Sony PSP Media Manager.

And one of these.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're talking like Charlie Brown's teacher - I can't understand you! Your hopelessly- techno-challenged cousin,
Joy

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home