Saturday, February 18, 2006

Can I help ya?

Today, we made the trek into Walmart, once again. Son #1 had saved up enough money to buy an iPod Nano - he didn't like the iRiver any more than I did, apparently. So anyway, that's incidental to the story here.

First of all, the dude at Walmart that has to get the iPod out of lock-up (funny that, iPods and guns are locked up at Walmart....hmmmm) got us the wrong one. He got out a black 1Gb unit, when what we wanted was a black 2Gb unit. Apple goofed on this one. They are packaged IDENTICALLY with only a wee little number on the top of the box differentiating them. Worse than that however, was the fact that Walmart had no labelling whatsoever indicating that they even carried the smaller 1Gb unit, which is brand new from Apple by the way. So I wonder how many people will buy what they think is a 2Gb unit, be pleasantly surprised at cash out how cheap they got it, then after they rip it open and start playing with it, find out its only 1Gb and not 2???

So the young guy at Walmart was pleased to learn that they carried the smaller unit. Glad we could be of help - I should send Walmart a bill for training their employees.

Then on the way home, we slide into Taco Bell, because I was supposed to try these CrunchWraps or something. Pull up to the order thingy, and a disembodied girl's voice says "Hi How are you?". So I said "Fine". And we waited. And waited. And waited. Finally I guess we made enough noise that the voice said "You can order whenever you are ready".......surely she was kidding....we had enough time to order food for the entire town of Keokuk while we waited. I wished she'd asked me again how I was. My answer may have been different the second time...

My young son summed her up perfectly....he says "Dad, I don't think she's the brightest bulb in the box"......

Added to iTunes today...the album 'BarlowGirl' by BarlowGirl. Liked the other album I have so much, had to buy the other one!!! Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home