Monday, February 20, 2006

Not So Happy Birthday


Its Feb 20, the day our daughter Morgan was born. 14 years ago. Unfortunately, we'll never know what she'd be like at 14. She only made it to 5, before leukemia took her.

So I imagine what she'd be like. I believe she'd be sweet, like her mom, but stubborn, like her dad. I imagine she'd have her brothers toeing the line. I imagine by now she wouldn't have a whole lot of time for us parents. I imagine I'd be proud of her, no matter what she had become.

I imagine lots of things about her, but that's all it is. Just imaginings. Nobody knows what she'd be now.

But today, we know we'd celebrate her birthday.

Happy Birthday Morgan.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Cyber hug Jamie.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

that made me cry....

we will never forget Morgan, you know.....

cause we love you...

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly, I have never met another little girl quite like Morgan. She was angelic.
We're thinking about you guys...

Love,
Joy

3:31 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Been lurking in the shadows of your blog now for a couple month. I hope you don't mind. Love your outlook on life. And I think I like your friends and family too, I am also a regular reader of your links. I knew that one day I would pop up and introduce myself and you can meet my family too, on my blog.


I just had to comment on this post and say I am sorry for your loss and let you know that you made me give my 11 year old daughter an extra big hug today. God Bless.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I have found your site through your brothers which I read often. I am so sorry for your family's loss! "We only part to meet again."-John Gay

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home