Friday, April 28, 2006

Eeegads

Eeegads, we have a teenager in the house. Colin turned 13 yesterday. I must have blinked at some point, cuz last time I saw him he was trying to open his eyes in the delivery room.

Anyway, he's grown up some since then, I didn't really recognize him. One more year, and if we're still in Iowa, he'll be driving a car. (he thinks he'll be driving my old Chevy, but we'll see about that)

So, Happy Birthday Colin!

On a different topic, I finished reading Martha Grimes' book, The Old Wine Shades the other night.



I love Martha Grimes' books, and this one didn't disappoint, even if it was a 'slightly' formula Grimes book, another Richard Jury mystery. Her characters come alive to me, and the humor is excellent. In this story there's even a dog, Mungo, and a cat, Shoe, and in several chapters the story is told from Mungo's point of view. (And of course while Mungo the dog has the microphone, he delights in telling us how he hides Shoe's kittens on her, just to watch her frantically looking for them). And in typical Grimes fashion, the plot is very twisted, and the ending leaves you somewhat confused, meaning you really need to read the book again to actually understand the outcome. This I like, because I will gladly read the book again. And again. And again. Many of her books I have read many times over.

I look forward to the next Grimes book.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home