Monday, April 24, 2006

travel

Yesterday was a near-perfect day in southeastern Iowa. (as my son says ..... nothing's perfect). It was in the high seventies, very slight breeze, not a cloud in sight. Not one. Not even a wisp of one.

So, first off, I took my wife for a motorcycle ride, about 20 miles worth, to Montrose and back. We've lived here almost a year and she hadn't been to Montrose!! (she can't say that again)

Then, on the way to Montrose, she spied a greenhouse or two. SO, back home, hop in one of the trucks, and back to the greenhouses we went. I took one of my cameras of course, and took pictures of all the colors. Why do they call them greenhouses?? There's a lot more color than just green in them.

After that, my son Colin wanted a ride, so we rode into Keokuk, hung out at the lock, and watched a barge being lowered. Sorta cool to watch. Then we rode up to Rand park, sat about for a while, then rode back home the back way along the Mississippi.

Then, later on, I took off on the bike by myself, and rode about another 45 miles, visiting the wee towns of Franklin and West Point Iowa. They aren't too far from our home, but I'd never been there. Lots of beautiful old homes. West Point has a very neat and tidy town square and park. A beautiful ride.

So, only my young son didn't get to ride, but I'll catch him up next week! We'll ride to the Schmek Forest, and over to Farmington. Maybe breakfast at the little restaurant on the DesMoines River in Farmington.

Just a few pics from the weekend are over there on Flickr, of course ----->

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

You take great shots, Jamie!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home