Monday, December 19, 2005

guarding




Up at Rand Park in Keokuk, IA, this guy is standing guard over the Mississippi. Not much of a guard, we walked right up to him and he didn't do anything - just stood there and looked severe. Didn't scare me.

But apparently, this is the guy the town of Keokuk is named after. So of course one must have a statue somewhere. Makes for good camera fodder, at any rate.

Added the album 'Another Journal Entry' by BarlowGirl to iTunes. I had to buy the CD because I had never heard of the group until Nicole mentioned them, then I was walking through Walmart the other day, and there they were, right on the top shelf in my line of sight. (well, not the BarlowGirls themselves, but a CD with a picture of them on the front) So I bought it. Not bad - certainly upbeat. My favorite tune at this time is 'No One Like You' - very catchy tune.

1 Comments:

Blogger jamie said...

I would download more (legally from iTunes at $0.99 per tune of course) if I could get dadgum highspeed internet out here in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!

I can drive 20 miles to Walmart, buy the CD, drive home, and import it into iTunes faster than I can download it over the phone line... :-(

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home